CSIJ Suggested Gear List
What To Bring:
- Sleeping bag (tents will be provided)
- Sleeping pad
- Hiking boots
- At least 4 pair of good socks and sets of underclothes.
- Rain gear
- Sports clothes and shoes
- At least 2 pairs of long pants
- Shorts suitable for hiking, daily wear
- A collared shirt. NB: Long pants and collared shirt are dress code for daily Mass.
- Swim trunks
- Warm sleeping clothes
- Hand missal – if possible
- Toothbrush & Paste
- Bar of soap & hand-sanitizer
- Washcloth and Towel
- Any prescribed medication (These must be turned in to the camp medic who will distribute them as needed. Please notify the camp that you are sending certain medical items/prescriptions and any other applicable details.)
- CamelBak or canteen/good water bottle
- Mesh laundry bag
- Small pillow
- A small amount of spending money for mementos at a couple of our customary stops.
- Note – new shoes should be purchased well in advance and broken in prior to camp, we do a lot of hiking
What NOT To Bring:
- Anything electronic (radio, mp3 player, Game Boy, etc)
- Cell phones may be brought for travel but must be turned into the camp staff. Keeping a cell phone throughout the entirety of the camp is not permitted.
- Large knives (greater than a 3-inch blade) or knives with any kind of assisted-opening
- Firecrackers or firearms (including airsoft & paintball guns)
- Matches or lighters
- A bad attitude or a bag of excuses. Rise up and fight manfully.
Note to parents:
Boys who are sent to Camp St. Peter will not be permitted to contact home/parents by phone or email (except in cases of necessity) during the course of the camp. Letters will be permitted and encouraged, and care packages may be received by the boys at any time. However, private snacks and treats are not allowed, so any food brought to camp will become a community snack. No cell-phones, i-pods, laptops, MP3s, CD players, radios, or any other electronic devices will be permitted at Camp St. Isaac Jogues at any time. Parents will be provided with the phone and email contact information of the director in case there is a serious need to contact their child.
Submit your application by May 1st and join St. John Bosco Camps in pursuing Christ manfully!